Tea Roaches

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #58603 by ayal
Haha that's pretty cool! As long as the caffeine doesn't get to the Ts I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. Just remember caffeine is a drug and besides it giving you a lot of energy it has a lot of side affects, which obviously differ in roaches.... So it's a cool experiment, If you notice anything, let us know.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #58629 by Rozanne
We should make a case study:

1.) Choose a roach specie
2.) Group 1: Select more than 20 (To be statistically correct): Feed them Five roses tea (caffeinated) (or what ever caffeinated tea you have)
3.) Group 2: Select >20: Feed them rooibos (or any other tea that does not contain any caffeine)
4.) Group 3: Select >20: Feed them vegetables/ non tea related/ non caffeine related food (control group)
5.) Run time for study: 2- 4 weeks
6.) State the decrease in the number of roaches in each group compared to the initial number you selected.
7.) Report what type of tea you used as well as what you have fed your control group roaches.
8.) Report a significant decrease within Group 1 and Group 2 compare to control Group 3 (p<0.05) (*If any)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jake, ayal

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #58635 by Jake

Rozanne wrote: We should make a case study:

1.) Choose a roach specie
2.) Group 1: Select more than 20 (To be statistically correct): Feed them Five roses tea (caffeinated) (or what ever caffeinated tea you have)
3.) Group 2: Select >20: Feed them rooibos (or any other tea that does not contain any caffeine)
4.) Group 3: Select >20: Feed them vegetables/ non tea related/ non caffeine related food (control group)
5.) Run time for study: 2- 4 weeks
6.) State the decrease in the number of roaches in each group compared to the initial number you selected.
7.) Report what type of tea you used as well as what you have fed your control group roaches.
8.) Report a significant decrease within Group 1 and Group 2 compare to control Group 3 (p<0.05) (*If any)



I like that Idea.
Over the weekend I will put something together and drink lots of tea ;) of both kinds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rozanne

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #58640 by Jake

Creator wrote: All they need now are some biscuits for their milk :laugh:


:lol: :lol: :laugh:

They really like home made butter milk rusks dunked in coffee.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rozanne

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 4 weeks ago #58646 by BiG DoG

cascade wrote:

Creator wrote: All they need now are some biscuits for their milk :laugh:


:lol: :lol: :laugh:

They really like home made butter milk rusks dunked in coffee.


Damn man I don't even eat that good :dry:

Something tells me you need to come and feed my roaches ;)

It sounds like yours is living in the Taj mahal for roaches :laugh:
Last Edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by BiG DoG.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #58647 by Ceratogyrus

Creator wrote:

cascade wrote:

Creator wrote: All they need now are some biscuits for their milk :laugh:


:lol: :lol: :laugh:

They really like home made butter milk rusks dunked in coffee.


Damn man I don't even eat that good :dry:

Something tells me you need to come and feed my roaches ;)

It sounds like yours is living in the Taj mahal for roaches :laugh:


I feel the same.
My roaches are fed once a week if they are lucky...
They all regret leaving Leonard's place where there was food for Africa and no predators. :)

SPIDER CLUB OF SA MEMBER


Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

My reviews
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jake

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum