My First Ts! :D

More
2 years 2 months ago #74382 by Herco
Hello All!

So I finally got over it and bought some Ts. These creatures have always fascinated me so much!

1cm N. Chromatus
2cm B. Boehmei
3cm B. Albopilosum
4cm B. Vagans.

I am nervous about the two smaller ones. They seem so fragile... They refuse to attack their prey while I am looking. I left 2 tiny crickets in their cages last night and was happy to see them both sitting with fresh meals in their fangs when I went to bed. The two bigger ones eat what ever I give them, the B. Vagans have not refused a meal yet. He is definitely my favourite at the moment.

Here are some pictures:

Curly Hair - named Nippy.

Red Rump - named Sinalma. He was moved to a new enclosure on Monday and seems do be doing very well. He loves his man made borrow and even ate last night. So I guess he is happy?

This is my current set up: I turn the heat mat on in the evenings since it is currently winter.

Looking forward to learn more about these beautiful creatures and to learn from all of you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #74383 by Jake
Congrats on the new additions and welcome to the forum.

More
2 years 2 months ago #74384 by James
Nice man, they are awesome creatures.

More
2 years 2 months ago #74385 by Herco
Thank you guys!

Is it safe to assume they are happy with humidity and heat if they are eating?

From my research and possessed care sheet reading spree, I gather that most people say that when a T is eating, he is happy.

Can't wait for them to get nice and big.

Im currently also contemplating getting a roach colony going on... I have a feeling I am going to add many Ts in the next few months as I get more comfortable with their ways.

More
2 years 2 months ago #74387 by Jake
Basically yes, if your spider is eating and webbing then they are happy but you have to take molting onto account as spiders normally go off food until and after they molted.

You don't have to worry to much about the exact humidity as that makes keeping them a bit technical and time consuming if you are in the drier regions of SA as long as you provide them with water dish and moisture if no dish is provided then all good.
If youa re using heating mats with the tanks against them then you must make sure to provide your spider with extra moisture as the heating and dry air evaporate the the moisture out the cage much faster than normally.
This also keeps your spider from dehydrating.

More
2 years 2 months ago #74388 by Jake
As for the roaches, you will not go wrong on starting a colony for feeder roaches, they are far more nutrient rich than crickets and healthy and last longer than what crickets do.

Time to create page: 0.334 seconds