× Welcome to the Tarantulas.co.za forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New draft Gauteng legislation

More
3 years 8 months ago #72961 by Taki Tsonis
"Arno Naude
WE WON THE FIRST ROUND. The message was that this draft Nature Conservation Bill was going to be passed and we were just being informed. Then they said we could make written comments and then after I stated a few facts and had the support of many other like minded people the MEC has given us two weeks to send comments after which another meeting will be held. Round One - The pet trade!!! Thank you to everyone who attended as well as everyone who signed the petition. We appreciate it. Please spread this message to all the forums that are affected. We will co-ordinate the comments and ensure that they are acknowledged and taken into consideration. Watch this space."

You can take an Aphonopelma to crickets but you can't make it eat!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin Oosthuysen

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #72962 by Martin Oosthuysen
Hello
Do we know which points were brought up to postpone this for 2 weeks ?

www.tarantulaforum.com/index.php?threads/1755/

More
3 years 8 months ago #72963 by Jake
I has not been proposed for 2 weeks, they have basically given us 2 weeks to come back to them with comments, concerns and new ideas to what has been proposed.

So basically to form a plan of action and (attack) be nice and give it to them with a smile.

More
3 years 8 months ago #72964 by Martin Oosthuysen
Haha well said, hope you get more involved. Would love to be a part of the fight, even if its just by letters comments etc.

www.tarantulaforum.com/index.php?threads/1755/

More
3 years 8 months ago #72967 by Jason
To everyone reading this, I am posting this on all forums I belong to in one form or another:

There are now 12 days left of the re-opened public participation process. I am trying to mobilise as many of my academic collegues as I can as this poorly worded draft will affect research in the province too. If you have contacts in AGriSA and Solidarity, or the Marines or anyone else who can help, then please, please get them on board.
NatCon was, in my opinion, determined to bulldoize this through on Friday, if it wasnt for the huge turnout of extremely angry people, the advocate for the Suger-Glider community, the presence of the press and the MEC herself realising that her staff had been telling her the PP process had been done correctly when it clearly wasn't, this thing would have had to be challenged in court. The more the merrier, we only won the first battle, we need all the help we can get to get this thing rewritten rationally.

Oh, and by the way, yhe new draft national blacklist is out, guess which 11 species are now proposed to be flat out prohibited? Find it here: www.dropbox.com/sh/fbftek88dp12iz9/RUdA3fQcRc

More
3 years 8 months ago #72969 by Jason
May I suggest a forum thread be set up for brainstorming and the SA T community co-ordinate and speak with one voice? You don’t have much time. I have T's but have my hands full co-ordinating a different fight back strategy.

The only thing I BEG you all to include in you letter/s, "Is this law going to be used to regulate the Muthi industry? If not, why not?" as there are identical or close to concerns of environmental and property rights tied up in that question.
Yup, its loaded, and if not, then this whole piece of nonsense is about going after soft targets. US!

Time to create page: 0.550 seconds